This Policy includes Edan Traders PTY Ltd (together “Edan Traders”, “we” or “us”).
The term “Personal Information” referred in this Policy shall bear the same meaning as that contained in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
"Our People" includes our directors and employees.
We require Our People to follow this Policy, as well as those of our Suppliers authorised to manage Personal Information on our behalf.
Edan Traders collects Personal Information from a range of individuals in the context of our business activities including our People; job applicants; representatives of our suppliers, customers, users of our website; and visitors to our operational and office sites.
We may use personal data provided to us for any of the purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
When making an online enquiry using one of our website forms, we will collect your contact information which includes your name, email address and contact number.
When purchasing a product or service, we will collect your contact, billing and shipping information which includes your name, company name, vat number, email address, physical address, postal address and contact number
Information about the device used to access our website (such as the make, browser and IP address) as well as user behaviour on how you use our website.
2. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to any third party other than for the reasons set out below:
- To our employees and/or third-party service providers who are involved in the management of the site.
- To law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to comply with the law or any legal processes, prevent fraud, abuse or misuse of our website and to prevent financial loss.
- To logistics companies for shipping of our products.
- To newsletter mailing platforms such as Mailchimp for marketing and communication purposes. Opt-in applicable.
- Our website uses third party services such as but not limited to Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics. These third-party services do not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by these services to help us understand website traffic and web page usage.
3. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights under data protection legislation in relation to the personal information we collect about you:
- The right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to restrict our use of your personal information.
- The right to be forgotten.
- The right of data portability.
- The right to object to our use of your personal information.
Should you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold about you or if you would like to update your details or remove your details, please send us an email at email@example.com
4. HOW LONG WE USE PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary. This time frame varies depending on what the personal information was collected for.
5. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The following are some of the measures we have in place for protecting your personal information:
- We make use of firewalls, user verification and data encryption.
- We only authorise access to trusted employees and who need the information to fulfil their job function.
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Information that is transmitted is protected by encrypting it.
We may provide links to other websites and/or social media pages. Please note we are not responsible for the privacy policies of third-party websites and advise you to review the privacy practises for the websites you visit.
7. COOKIES POLICY
- Helps makes the website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Helps us to identify repeat visitors and facilitate the visitors on-going access to the website.
- Helps us to understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting data such as domain, IP address, browser used, date and time of visit, pages you visit.
- Sends data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour.
- Cookies from Google assists us in displaying targeted advertising based on what is considered most relevant depending on what websites you have previously visited.
We use social media cookies and remarketing cookies. These cookies do not require permission. If you click through to a subsequent page on the website, you give permission in this way and the cookies below are placed.
Links are included on edan.co.za to share web pages via social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. These links use a piece of code that originate from these social media platforms. If web pages are shared via these links, cookies are placed. Edan Traders has no influence on the way in which these social media platforms process the (personal) data they obtain via these cookies. For more information please refer to their privacy statements.
A remarketing cookie is used to register the interest of an internet user based on his surfing behaviour in order to be able to display customized advertisements. If you do not want websites to place cookies on your computer or other devices, you can adjust this in your browser settings. How this should be done differs per browser and you can often find it in the help function of your browser.
We may change the T&Cs of this policy at any time. If changes do occur, we will update this page accordingly and post a notification in a prominent place on our website. The amended privacy and security policy will supersede and replace any previous policies with effect from the date on which it is posted on our website.
9. CONTACT US